With recent Post Office holiday data* revealing that 77% of Brits are planning to travel to a new destination in 2024, and 82% hoping to visit their dream destination, the Maldives can expect an influx of British visitors as the Indian Ocean island paradise is one of the most popular bucket list locations for UK travellers.
To help holidaymakers plan their trip to the Maldives, Upul Gedarakumbura, General Manager at Aitken Spence Hotels’ premium all-inclusive five-star Heritance Aarah, shares his ten reasons why the Maldives should be at the top of everyone’s travel list in 2024.
- The Maldives allows you to enjoy complete seclusion – The Maldives is an island nation of some nearly 1200 islands. Resorts are located on about 120 of these islands, which means that there are a wealth of secluded beaches and getaways for all guests to our wonderful islands to enjoy.
- The best location to get active outdoors – The Maldives is a real gem for thrill seekers looking to catch their next wave when surfing, jet ski across the pristine waters of the Indian Ocean, or try their hand at catamaran sailing and fly boarding. All are on offer at Heritance Aarah. Heritance Aarah is also well-known for its underwater diving treasures due to its close proximity to some of the most stunning underwater caves (thilas) in the Maldives.
- Seaplane travel – Ever wondered what it is like to fly in a plane that lands on water? The Maldives is THE place to travel by seaplane direct to your resort and the views certainly won’t disappoint!
- Magical marine life – Where else can you get close to manta rays, bottlenose dolphins and whale sharks, and the warm ocean is teeming with turtles and tropical fish? Our resort is located in one of the most pristine atolls, though the whole of the Maldives is rich in nature’s treasures.
- Take your tastebuds on a culinary journey – The Maldives is famed for its quality gourmet cuisine by globally acclaimed chefs. For instance, at Aitken Spence’s resorts, premium offerings include dishes from the Maldives, Sri Lanka, the Mediterranean and east-meets-west fusion flavours prepared by Culinary Olympic winning chefs. Heritance Aarah has a wealth of dining options with seven restaurants and five bars, all located within the resort – from fine-dining to street food to exotic flavours!
- World-renowned Maldivian culture – There is so much more to the Maldives than luxurious experiences, which is why many of the best resorts in the Maldives are increasingly passionate about connecting guests with Maldivian culture. For example, at Heritance Aarah, the Maldives Village seeks to create awareness and educate guests of the incredible past and its varied influence in the modern Maldives lifestyle. The Village experience shares elements of a typical Maldivian household, an outdoor school area, ‘joali’ traditional furniture, and coral stone carpentry. The Village also features local handicraft industries such as local jewellery making, mat weaving and embroidery.
- Superior Spas – Spa treatments in overwater treatment rooms are a true delight in the Maldives. Feel stress just melt away at one of the six treatment rooms at the Medi Spa at Heritance Aarah, all set above tranquil lagoon waters.
- Romance that suits you – Dreamy white-sand beaches, turquoise lagoons, private villas, and secluded sand bank picnics – it’s no wonder the Maldives is the world’s leading destination for honeymoons!
- Marvel at the sensational sunsets – After a day in paradise, set sail in the Indian Ocean waters to marvel at the sunset and experience the beauty of the Maldives’ stillness and silence aboard your own private sunset cruise, or lap up the luxury of the destination whilst sipping cocktails at Heritance Aarah’s stunning infinity pool at sunset.
- Picturesque tropical paradise – with white sand beaches and warm crystal-clear blue waters, the Maldives offers a luxurious escape like no other. This is why resorts like ours in the Maldives are so passionate about maintaining this natural beauty and sustainability, and why Heritance Aarah is active in coral planting and conservation initiatives that our guests can also be part of as well.
For more information about Aitken Spence Hotels, visit www.aitkenspencehotels.com.