Valentine’s Day is coming up and our options are limited, but who says staying in can’t be sexy?
Drinks retailer The Bottle Club has rallied together five of their most popular cocktails to help you ignite romance this Valentine’s.
Valentine’s Day Cocktails – The Royal Sidecar
There is something romantic about the royal sidecar cocktail. It’s sweet and tangy taste will be sure to add a striking touch to your Valentines. Impress your date with this simple yet effective cocktail. Recipe below.
- 35ml Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Miniature
- 30ml Cointreau Orange Liqueur Miniature
- 15ml Fresh lemon juice
- Shake Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal with Cointreau, lemon juice with ice
- Strain into your best coupe glass
Valentine’s Day Cocktails – Nutella Martini
If your date has a sweet tooth, this is the perfect cocktail for your Valentine’s date night. It could even save you making a dessert (or perhaps not). You probably haven’t thought about putting your favourite nutty spread in a cocktail, but booze and Nutella is a match made in heaven. Recipe below.
- 400ml whole milk (or swap out for nut milk)
- 2 (very) heaped scoops of Nutella
- 1 heaped spoonful of cocoa powder
- 3 shots of vodka
- 2 shot Amaretto
- Additional Nutella & chopped hazelnuts (for garnish)
- Gently heat the milk in a pan, with the Nutella and cocoa powder.
- Stir until smooth and sufficiently warmed through
- Leave to cool
- Spread some Nutella onto a side plate, and cover another plate in chopped hazelnuts.
- Dip the rim of your glass into the chocolate and twist
- Once dipped in the Nutella, dip the glass into the pile of nuts
- When your chocolate milk is nice & cold, pour into a cocktail shaker and add the vodka and Amaretto
- Shake it and enjoy!
Valentine’s Day Cocktails – Pink Heather Cocktail
For whisky drinkers, it can be difficult to find delicious and romantic cocktail recipes – well look no further than the pink heather cocktail. Whip this up for your whisky loving date and you’re sure to have a good night. Recipe below.
- 2 oz Scotch Whisky
- 1 oz strawberry liqueur
- Top with sparkling rose wine
- Strawberries for garnish
- Pour the whisky and the strawberry liqueur into a chilled champagne flute
- Top up with sparkling wine
Valentine’s Day Cocktails – Pomegranate Whisky Sour
Drinking pink doesn’t need to be all about the rosé. A good one for those who don’t like wine this Valentine’s, you can mix it to create a delicious pink cocktail so you don’t miss out on a rose-tinted summer. Drink pink with whisky? Hell yeah!
- 2 oz of bourbon
- 1 oz of pomegranate juice
- ½ oz of simple syrup
- 1 oz lemon juice
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker
- Fill with bourbon, pomegranate juice, lemon juice and simple syrup
- Shake well
- Pour into an old-fashioned glass
Valentine’s Day Cocktails Fruity Strawberry Daiquiri
This fruity cocktail can be made with fresh and/or frozen strawberries and is the ultimate refreshing drink to get the party started this Valentines. The sweetest of them all! You won’t go wrong with a Strawberry Daiquiri.
- 4 medium frozen strawberries
- 4 medium fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp white sugar
- 50 ml white rum
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend.
- Pour into a glass.
- Garnish with lime and strawberry.
Top tip: Add some ice cubes to make a larger drink or to mellow the strawberry flavour.