The new sustainable supplement brand is a powerhouse of the antioxidant Astaxanthin
We all know that topical skincare can work wonders, but there is a reason leading dermatologists also state that you need to consider what you put inside your body if you want glowing skin.
Good news for us the NEW sustainable gummy supplement brand Manifesto is a powerhouse of prebiotics and antioxidants and a key ingredient you may not have yet heard of…
Your skin’s new best friend, astaxanthin is a member of the carotenoid family and a potent antioxidant that is derived from the microalgae that gives pink flamingos, salmon and lobster their rosy hue. Manifesto extracts from the sustainably sourced (and entirely vegan) micro-algae ‘haematococcus pluvialis’, for the highest purity and potency. Research suggests that Astaxanthin is an antioxidant around 6,000 times more powerful than Vitamin C and 550 times more potent than green tea.
So what does it do to your skin?
In short, Astaxanthin improves skin texture and elasticity and helps to smooth fine lines and age spots, but it can also help protect our cells against free radicals and reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation is the body’s response to certain toxins created by factors such as stress, excessive sugar intake, poor diet, sun exposure, smoking, alcohol intake and air pollution which can all have an effect on our skin. Astaxanthin has also been shown to help boost the skin’s natural collagen production, hydration levels and skin elasticity, meaning it might just hold the key to a more youthful, plumped up glow.
- The gummy vitamin market is predicted to reach a value of $10.6 billion by 2025, but Manifesto wants to do them differently
- Made with less sugar than a cherry and supercharged with mighty natural ingredients like Astaxanthin and Acai berry extract and prebiotics
- For weakened hair, skin and nails, to help improve skin elasticity and texture, promote collagen formation, and provide protection against pollution damage
- They arrive in 100% home compostable, plastic-free sachets (made out of sustainably grown eucalyptus) that are tucked inside zero waste tins that don’t just look the part, they’re made from aluminium making them 100% reusable and recyclable
- The founder, Anna Marcovic, had leadership roles with the likes of NARS, MAC and Bobbi Brown and believes that holistic health is the bedrock of beauty
Manifesto gummies cost £39.90 per tin and are available now from www.manifesto-nutrition.com