Around The World in 180 Days is the most extensive, in-depth world cruise to date
Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line, has unveiled its 2023 Around The World in 180 Days voyage which goes on sale to the public on 27 January 2021.
Departing San Francisco on 15 January 2023, world travellers sailing on this voyage aboard the 684-guest Insignia will experience 96 fascinating destinations in 33 countries across four continents. Guests will have myriad in-depth and immersive experiences with multi-day stays in 20 ports of call from South America to Africa, Asia and Alaska as well as the unprecedented opportunity to witness the splendour of Antarctica first-hand with three full days cruising in Admiralty Bay, Paradise Bay and Half Moon Island.
In a special offer that runs until 30 June 2021, the 180-day cruise starts at £38,059 per person based on an Inside Stateroom, whilst a Veranda Stateroom starts at £51,549 per person. Penthouse Suites start at £74,019. The fare includes return business class flights to San Francisco, transfers, a one-night hotel stay before the cruise, $6,400 onboard credit and free Wi-Fi.
“We now know how irreplaceable these experiences are and cherish the privilege of travel more than ever,” stated Bob Binder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Oceania Cruises. “Travel connects us through shared experiences, creates lifelong bonds, and enriches us in ways we never would have imagined. That was the mindset that guided us in crafting this epic around the world voyage for our guests.”
The itinerary provides access to more than 60 UNESCO World Heritage sites and guests sailing the full world voyage will have the opportunity to take part in five included shoreside events:
● An Argentinian cultural exposition in Buenos Aires including an equestrian show, tango lessons, fine food and wine, finished off by a grand display of music and dance
● An afternoon at the renowned Boschendal Winery in Cape Town with its farmer’s market featuring exquisite cuisine, Boschendal’s acclaimed wines and live music
● An evening at Al Maha Desert Dune in the Arabian Desert outside of Dubai where guests take part in the ultimate Bedouin experience featuring tribal music and dance, a private falcon show and dinner under the stars catered by the famed Al Maha Luxury Resort and Spa
● A Burmese monk donation ceremony in Yangon, Myanmar. During this once-in-a-lifetime experience, guests have the privilege to witness one of the most sacred rituals of Buddhism – the donation ceremony – where we will make a special contribution in support of more than 200 robed monks present and more than 100 villagers. After the ceremony, guests will enjoy an elaborate spread of canapes and refreshments accompanied by traditional music and dance
● A candlelit evening at Vung Duc Cave in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Ha Long Bay outside of Hanoi. The evening starts with a captivating welcome Dragon Dance followed by an ethereal candlelit dinner show featuring local entertainers and music. Guests will be treated to a feast of local delicacies accompanied by specially selected wine pairings
Oceania Cruises – Voyage Highlights
- Continents visited: 4
- Countries visited: 33
- Time zones crossed: 24
- Islands visited: 27
- Ports visited: 96
- UNESCO World Heritage sites accessible: 61
- Overnight stays (including two-night stays): 20
- Oceans cruised: 3
- Seas cruised: 14
- Number of times equator crossed: 4
All guests on the Around the World in 180 Days voyage will receive their choice of 64 FREE shore excursions, or a FREE beverage package, or a FREE $6,400 shipboard credit.
In addition to the extraordinary value of the inclusions listed above, all guests will receive Oceania Cruises’ Exclusive Prestige Package which includes:
- Free Business Class roundtrip airfare
- Free gratuities – a value up to $8,200
- Free exclusive shoreside events
- Free 1-night pre-cruise luxury hotel stay in the port of embarkation
- Free transfers between hotel and ship within 50 miles from the cruise departure port
- Free $1,000 shipboard credit per stateroom
- Free onboard medical care, internet and laundry services