MUA artist and illusionist RJ Tulloch shares bold new makeup looks inspired by the colours of the new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Spending more time at home has inspired Brits to get experimental with makeup looks; from neon lids and floating eyeliner to bright mascara – searches for ‘colourful eyeshadow looks’ have even risen by more than 250%.
In the spirit of this colour discovery and self-expression, Samsung has partnered with makeup extraordinaire RJ Tulloch (@cakefacerj) to launch a series of bold looks and illusions, inspired by the vibrant colour palettes of the new Samsung S20 FE device.
From personal style to personal passions, the new Galaxy S20 FE provides a selection of six Makeup Looks to suit every attitude, look and personality. With a triple lens camera on the back and 32MP Selfie Camera on the front, get ready for an Insta-worthy close-ups, whatever the lighting.
“I’m so excited to be partnering with Samsung to create a series of bold makeup looks and illusions” said RJ Tulloch, Beauty Enthusiast and Creator of the Galaxy S20 FE make-up looks. “With lots of us being at home more, one of the positives is the extra time to be more creative and try out new things. I’ve loved seeing the creativity in make-up trends as a result of lockdown, especially the trend of maximalist ‘more is more’ make-up. I hope this series of looks influenced by the new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE inspires others to keep being creative to boost spirits as we head into winter.”
“It has been an absolute pleasure to collaborate with RJ Tulloch on her awe-inspiring creations. She has always been a Samsung fan and it shines through in her work” commented Sharon Hegarty, IM Marketing Director at Samsung UK & Ireland. “The Galaxy S20FE range is all about playfulness, self-expression and bold colour, which RJ has beautifully captured in her poppy make-up looks and illusions. I for one am going to be trying out some of these colourful palettes myself!”
True beauty addicts can tune into RJ’s livestream as she re-creates the looks live on Thursday 15th October at 7pm on https://www.samsung.com/uk/explore/kings-cross/.
For those that want to try out the looks ahead of time, there is a handy step-by-step below.
Get the RJ Tulloch Looks
Cloud Navy: Confidence
“Confidence shines in the way the blue blends into the forehead with this look. Combine bold, blown out navy eye makeup with small gems or glitter for a glam effect, and combine with a nude lip.”
DIY – how to:
1. Taking a dark blue eyeshadow shade, pat on the outer section of the lid and blur out up past the brow and towards the forehead. Continue to diffuse and add more shadow where needed.
2. Add 1-2 more shades of blue eyeshadow on the middle of the lid and inner corners to create a nice gradient.
3. Once both eyes match, add gems or glitter to really make the look shout. This makeup look is very confident so go all out!
Cloud Red: Passion
“This look focuses on strong red tones, as a statement colour for passion. I’ve focused on deep red eye makeup tones, and a glossy red lip.”
DIY – how to:
1. Pat the base cream all over the lid.
2. Take a red eyeshadow palette and swirl the deepest red into the crease, diffusing it with the lightest red
3. Take a flat headed brush and define your cut crease with the base
4. Choose a shimmer of choice, I went for 3 different shades
5. Complete with liner and lashes
6. Add a bold red lip (or nude lip if you want your eyes to pop!)
Cloud Lavender: Free Spirited
“Being a free spirit is to be independent, not a trend follower and a believer in your own decisions. This look embodies these qualities in a loud but understated way.”
- Prep your eyes by patting on a generous amount of base cream so all eyeshadow colours will pop
- Taking a dark purple shade, apply this right into the crease and blend outwards to create a blowout look
- Now taking a light lilac shade, blend this out from the inner corner to create a bright eye effect
- Take the base cream again, this time on a small angled brush, and draw your liner shape
- Take a small shadow packing brush and apply eyeshadow colour of your choice on top of the base liner outline
- Add lashes
- For the flower addition, take a small detail brush and make small dots in a circle, then drag each dot out a little to make a small petal like shape. Repeat as needed.
- Set the look with your favourite lippy and setting spray!
Cloud Orange: Energetic
“A vibrant look with bright eyes and cheeks – resembling lightening. Combine with an orange top for energetic and confident vibes!”
DIY – how to:
- Apply base cream in white or any other concealer-based product all over the lid, no need to make it neat as this look doesn’t require tidy lines!
- Take an orange eyeshadow palette and small detailed brush, then swirl zig zag lines all over the lid, and draw what looks like little bits of lightning
- With the same small detail brush, add a deeper shade of the orange to the waterline and lash line.
- Add your favourite lashes!
Cloud Mint: Focus
“I wanted to create a look that draws attention to the central point of the face. Water and the dropping of a bead creates a focused splash, and the striking eyeliner completes the look”
DIY – how to:
1. Start with your base and brows ready, as water illusions are always a final touch to the look!
2. Take the base cream and draw out the liner, then fill this in with eyeshadow for a super bold wing
3. Started the water illusion by drawing out the bowl shape first, using white liner. Make the edges uneven to match natural water flow in a bowl
4. Take some deep eyeshadow shades to add depth, then use a small detail brush to shade in
5. Gradually add small white bubbles to the water and above to really give a true 3D effect
6. As soon as you’re happy, stop! It’s always easy to carry on but the knack is to know when it’s finished
Cloud White: Dedication
“Butterflies are hardworking species and always compared to growth. The idea of the ladders leading up to the clouds represent the determination to aim high and reach goals”
DIY – how to:
1. Pat base cream on the face and chest, then I add dotted areas of blue and cream shadow to look like an ethereal sky
2. Taking a flat head brush, use a white base cream and make cloud patterns around the face and chest, adding grey shadow for depth
3. Using ink liner, draw the butterflies and ladders, and use eyeshadow to add even more details
4. As a final 3D touch, add pieces of cotton wool over the clouds to really bring out the dimensions, and gives an extra ‘wow’ factor
For more information about Galaxy S20 FE, visit http://news.samsung.com/uk, www.samsung.com/uk/galaxy/ or https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-s20/galaxy-s20-fe/