Aged 27, Ramsey was brought up in Bath before time spent refining his trade in a wide range of top cocktail bars around the UK and Australia.
Now settled in Tooting and general manager of Goldfinch, Ramsey runs his own online tasting classes and has exciting plans to launch his own sister bar for 2021.
Favourite cocktail: Paper Plane. Favourite spirit: Single Malt Whisky
World Cocktail Day – Top Tips For Cocktail Perfection:
- When creating a new drink, start adding complimentary ingredients. If you get to 5, start again.
- Always keep a journal of ideas that come to mind during your day so you can revisit them later, cocktail names, flavour pairings, innovative techniques you like to try, it means you’re more likely to actually work on them
- Something Strong, Something Bitter, Something Sweet
World Cocktail Day – ABOUT GOLDFINCH
Goldfinch is an award-winning independent neighbourhood cocktail bar equidistant from Tooting overground train and Tooting Broadway underground stations. The laid back venue offers both indoor and outdoor seating plus has a bottle shop and offers delivery. Offering a classic selection of cocktails and an imaginative team always excited to create something specific or special to the customer’s taste, the bar has quickly garnered a loyal local following since its launch in 2017.
World Cocktail Day – HERNÖ FIZZ
- 35ml Hernö Gin
- 15ml Rose Liqueur
- 25ml Lemon Juice
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- 2 Dashes Rhubarb Bitters
- 60ml Soda
Garnish: Lemon wedge/ rose petals
Ice: Chunky cubes
Add the first 5 ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Shake well and then double strain into a glass with some chunky ice cubes. Top with the soda. Garnish with a fat lemon wedge.
World Cocktail Day – SMOKE SPRITZ
- 30ml Zignum Mezcal Reposado
- 20ml Conker Cold Brew
- 20ml Lime Juice
- 5ml Simple Syrup
- 2 Dash The Bitter Truth Chocolate Bitters
- 30ml Espresso
- 40ml Indian Tonic
Garnish: Lime wedge
Ice: Cubed ice
Add ice to a large rocks glass and build the cocktail by adding in the all the ingredients before finishing with the tonic and giving it a stir.
Glass Large Rocks