If you have been on the internet in the past few days, you must have heard about a game called ‘Wordle’. It is the only thing that folks on the internet are talking about at the moment. People are spending a lot of time on it!
Amidst all this, you might have wondered about the benefits of this game & whether it is beneficial for your kids. Kids are the ones spending most of their time online. So, it could be really helpful if they spend it on something useful that helps them develop better skills. Fortunately, Wordle is one such game, which could help your child in bettering themselves.
In this article, the benefits of the game should be discussed, so that, you can make a choice of whether you want your kid to play the game or not.
What is Wordle?
In simple words, Wordle is a word puzzle game. In the game, the player has to find out 5-letter words in 6 chances. The game is played by players all over the world. It first originated in the UK & it was recently acquired by the New York Times. The game is most popular among young adults & teens. It is only available in web format; no official apps have been released for the game.
How to Play Wordle?
- The game has very simple rules. The rules of the game are mentioned below:
- The player is provided with 6 chances to find out 5-letter words.
- No clues are provided at the beginning of the game. You have to just enter a random word & wait.
- After hitting the enter button, you will see that the squares change color.
- If the square turns gray, the letter is not present in the word. If it turns yellow, the letter is in the word but misplaced. If the tile is turning green, it means the letter is placed in the right position & is also present in the word.
- The game continues as you continue to guess the words from the hints provided.
- The aim is to cover all the words without losing a lot of chances. People even like to share their mastery on social media if they get the words right in one or two chances!
There are many benefits associated with playing Wordle with your children. The top four of them are mentioned below:
Better Language Skills:
The top & foremost benefit of playing games like Wordle is the fact that it helps your child with learning the English language. It has been seen that kids tend to remember things when they are taught in a fun way. Wordle helps them with increasing their vocabulary. Even if English is not their first language, using games like Wordle can make it easier for you and them to improve your English language skills.
Better Cognition Skills:
The game also teaches them to use their creativity & pushes them to think out of the box. This helps your kid in enhancing their cognition skills.
The best part about the game is that it helps your kid to learn more about competition. You can help your kid in using the game in a competitive form. You might get surprised at how fast they might get in figuring out the words when trying to beat you!
This point might be relevant to the parent as the game helps a lot with stress relief. It takes your mind off of the things that might be going on in your life. You are completely focused on finding words with your kid, away from the stress of the adult world. It also helps you to bond well with your kid.A Word of Caution
Even though the original web page is completely safe, it should be mentioned that there are many fake apps & websites. Though those fake sites have the same features as the original, these websites tend to collect your data. This is a matter of concern if your child is using the website. You should make sure that the original one is being used by you & your kid.
It could be concluded that the game is a wonderful way to spend time with your kids & bond with them. It also helps that the game has so many benefits associated with it! Bu playing this game together you’re not only being a great parent but also helping your kid develop new skills.