This gut-healthy breakfast recipe is rich in beneficial probiotics! Top slices of toasted sourdough with perfectly poached eggs, super condiment Vadasz Raw Kimchi and chilli flakes to create a dish that’s perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch.
Vadasz Raw Kimchi is a versatile super condiment that will transform your breakfast, it’s naturally fermented and live cultured for added gut-ness.
Summer Wellbeing Gut-Health Recipes – Poached Eggs with Vadasz Raw Kimchi
- 2 pieces of sourdough
- 2 eggs, poached
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp Vadasz Raw Kimchi
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
To poach the eggs, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add a large pinch of salt.
Crack the eggs into separate bowls and add a few drops of vinegar to each. Whisk the boiling water so it swirls in a whirlpool, turn the heat down so the water is at a gentle simmer then slide in the eggs.
Poach for 3–4 minutes. Remove with a spoon and place on a warm plate.
Toast the sourdough then top with the poached egg and dollop of Vadasz Raw Kimchi then sprinkle with chilli flakes.
Enjoy with tea or juice.
Dr Sarah Schenker, consultant Dietitian and Nutritionist at Vadasz’s reasons to include fermented ‘gutness’ in your our diet:
- Fermented foods are rich in beneficial probiotics and have been associated with a range of health benefits from better digestion to stronger immunity.
- Probiotics produced during fermentation can help restore the balance of friendly bacteria in your gut. This can help to alleviate some common digestive problems often experienced after an indulgent time.
- Probiotics have a significant impact on your immune system helping to reduce your risk of winter infections such as the common cold.
- Consuming fermented foods can also help you to recover faster when you’re already sick.
- Fermentation helps break down nutrients in food, making them easier to digest than their unfermented counterparts.
- There is evidence that fermented foods may improve heart health, mental health and aid weight loss helping you to get rid of those unwanted extra pounds.
There are six variants in the Vadasz range: Super Green Kimchi, original flavour Raw Kimchi, Super Beet Kimchi, Raw Garlic and Dill Sauerkraut, Red Onion Fresh Pickles and Garlic and Dill Fresh Pickles.
Vadasz super condiments are available from Tesco, Waitrose, Ocado, M&S, Sainsbury’s, Co-op and Booths and independent delis nationwide.
For more information visit Vadszdeli.co.uk
Vadasz is a range of super condiments that will elevate any meal or snack in seconds. Products are pickled for crunchy goodness and live cultured to produce beneficial probiotics to boost gut health and immunity. The versatile plant-based ingredients can take sandwiches, snacks and burgers to the next level and are suitable for both vegetarians and vegans.
The Vadasz range includes: Raw Kimchi, Raw Garlic and Dill Sauerkraut, Fresh Red Onion Pickles and Fresh Garlic & Dill Pickles and SuperBeet Kimchi. Vadasz is available in Waitrose, M&S, CoOp, Sainsbury’s and Ocado and Tesco.
Summer Wellbeing Gut-Health Recipes – Middle Eastern Dip with Vadasz Super Beet Kimchi
This light and easy recipe is perfect as a starter or accompaniment on a hot summer evening. Serve tangy, thick, and creamy, labneh with pita and lashings of super condiment Vadasz Raw Kimchi to create a dish that’s packed full of goodness and will make any table pop with colour.
Vadasz Super Beet Kimchi a naturally fermented, live cultured condiment boasting gut-friendly ingredients. Combining the health benefits of beetroot with the gut health benefits of fast growing, on-trend kimchi, Super Beet Kimchi transforms dishes from salads to dips in seconds. Labneh meanwhile has the probiotics of cultured yoghurt.
Vadasz Super Beet Kimchi 400g (RRP £4.50) is available in Waitrose stores nationwide.
Middle Eastern Dip with Super Beet Kimchi
Topped labneh with a swirl of olive oil and crispy seeds, nuts, fresh coriander, mint and dill topped with Vadasz Raw Super Beet kimchi.
- Labneh – natural goat’s milk yoghurt, or full-fat cow’s milk yoghurt and a little salt.
- Olive oil
Seeds (we used sunflower)
- Nuts (we used a handful of pistachio)
- Sprig of coriander
- Sprig of mint
- Sprig of dill
- Spoonful of Vadasz Super Beet Kimchi
- Pita or chopped vegetables to serve
- Create the labneh first by straining yogurt until it loses most of its liquid. Stir in a little salt, place it into a linen cloth or tea towel and set over a strainer. Refrigerate for several hours, until the liquid drains and it will leave you with a delightfully thick, spreadable labneh.
- Swirl with olive oil, top generously with Vadasz Super Beet Kimchi
- Garnish with seeds, nuts, fresh garden coriander, mint and dill
- Serve with slices of pita and chopped vegetables
Vadasz super condiments are available from Tesco, Waitrose, Ocado, M&S, Sainsburys, Co-op and Booths and independent delis nationwide. For more information visit Vadszdeli.co.uk