The sun has got his hat on and hopefully, it means he’s coming out to play! Summer is finally upon us and we are so ready!
With that in mind, we’ve thrown together a round-up of our favourite BBQ recipes to enjoy in the garden this summer.
Summer BBQ Recipes We Love – Bratwurst Hot Dog with Pickled Ribbon Vegetables
We’re pretty sure that once you try our Bratwurst Hot Dog recipe it’ll be a firm favourite on your menu. These juicy sausages sit in soft brioche buns and are topped with Primula Burger Cheese for the ultimate feast
For the pickled vegetables:
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into ribbons with a potato peeler
- ½ cucumber, sliced into ribbons with a potato peeler
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 125ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Bratwurst sausages
- 4 brioche hot dog rolls
- 140g Primula Burger Cheese
- Put the carrot and cucumber ribbons into a bowl and sprinkle over the sugar and salt. Massage the vegetables gently for a few minutes then squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Pack into a clean jam jar and pour in sufficient vinegar to half fill the jar. Top up with water so that the vegetables are covered. Seal with the lid and shake to mix together. Leave to stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the Bratwurst sausages over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning frequently until thoroughly cooked through.
- Slice the hot dog rolls along the top, without cutting all the way through and fill with some of the pickled vegetables.
- Place a cooked Bratwurst sausage in each roll and serve with a generous squeeze of Primula Burger Cheese.
Tips: Any leftover pickled vegetables will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks
Summer BBQ Recipes We Love – Dirty Fries with Squeezy Burger Cheese
We’ve given our Dirty Fries recipe a healthy twist with yummy peppers, cherry tomatoes and avocado for a colourful and flavoursome feast! Add to that a sizeable squeeze of Primula Burger Cheese and you’re onto a winner!
- 500g frozen Spicy Potato Wedges
- 2 peppers, deseeded and each cut into 8 pieces
- 400g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into wedges
- 140g Primula Burger Cheese
- Sprigs of dill to serve, if liked
- Preheat oven to 220C, 200C fan, Gas 7.
- Arrange the potato wedges on a large baking tray with the peppers and cherry tomatoes and cook in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes until the potato wedges are golden and crispy.
- Add the avocado to the vegetables on the tray. Squeeze over a generous amount of Primula Burger Cheese and serve straight away, sprinkled with a few sprigs of dill if liked.
Summer BBQ Recipes We Love – Easy beany Burgers with Primula Perfectly Plant
We love a good vegan burger and this one tops the taste charts! Primula Perfectly Plant coats the ingredients in a creamy texture for a firm burger than won’t fall apart! Burger night just got even better!
- 50g pine nuts
- Oil for frying
- 1 large onion
- 425g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 2 x 140g Primula Perfectly Plant
- 85g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Black pepper
- Vegan burger buns
- Salad leaves, to serve
- 1 large tomato, sliced, to serve
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and lightly toast the pine nuts for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from the pan onto a plate and set aside to cool.
- Finely chop half of the onion, then slice the remaining half and put to one side for later. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the frying pan and add the finely chopped onion. Fry gently until soft and just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, empty the kidney beans into a large bowl and mash well with a potato masher or fork. Add the pine nuts, drained sweetcorn and fried onion. Then stir in 4 tablespoons of Primula Perfectly Plant, half of the breadcrumbs and the parsley. Season to taste with black pepper and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 4 burgers and coat the outside of each burger with the remaining breadcrumbs. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and gently fry the remaining sliced onion until it is caramelised and golden. Remove from the pan and keep on one side to serve with the cooked burgers.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in the same frying pan and fry the beany burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
- Serve the beany burgers in buns with salad leaves and a slice of tomato. Top with a generous squeeze of Primula Perfectly Plant and crispy fried onion slices.
Divide the mixture into 8 smaller burgers and serve in pitta bread with salad leaves and a generous squeeze of Primula Perfectly Plant.
Summer BBQ Recipes We Love – Fiery Sriracha Slaw
Our Fiery Sriracha Slaw will wake up anything you serve it with! It’s the perfect partner for burgers and BBQs or salads and sandwiches. Our super simple recipe tops any shop-bought slaw!
- ½ celeriac, peeled and cut into long matchsticks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into long matchsticks
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 140g Primula Hot Cheese ‘n’ Sriracha
- Juice 2 limes
- Chopped parsley to sprinkle over, if liked
- Sliced chilli, to garnish
- Place the chopped vegetables in a large bowl and toss together.
- Squeeze the Primula Hot Cheese ‘n’ Sriracha into a bowl, add the juice of 2 limes and mix to a smooth consistency. Add to the vegetables and mix well to combine.
- Sprinkle over chopped parsley if liked and serve.
Tip: Rub a little lemon juice over the cut side of the remaining half of celeriac before storing in the fridge to prevent it from turning brown
Summer BBQ Recipes We Love – Crunchy Salad Sharing Platter
Our Crunchy Salad Sharing Platter is super simple to make and brings together a healthy mix of textures and flavours. A generous squeeze of Primula Original adds a creamy twist for a speedy lunch or a vibrant BBQ side.
- 1 Romaine lettuce, quartered
- 1 x 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into small squares
- 140g Primula Original Cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, if liked
- Pitta bread, toasted until crisp and cut into triangles, to serve
- Arrange the quartered Romaine lettuce on a platter and sprinkle over the sweetcorn and chopped pepper.
- Generously squeeze over Primula Original Cheese and a sprinkle of black pepper if liked.
- Serve with crispy pitta triangles.