Russell Hobbs shares four easy recipes perfect for its brand new Good to Go Multi-Cooker to make cosy evening mealtimes a breeze this Autumn
With the Autumn weather really setting in and the clocks due to go back, it’s time to cosy up and whack out your favourite slow cooker recipes for warming evening meals. Russell Hobbs, one of the UK’s leading household brands, has you covered with its brand new Good to Go Multi-Cooker, and four delicious recipes that are super simple and stress free!
The Multi-Cooker – available in major retailers across the UK – has a removable control panel meaning you can go from countertop to tabletop with your pot full of goodness to serve to the family with ease. You can even then pop the pot straight in the dishwasher or sink to make cleaning after a meal effortless.
As well as the removable control panel, the Good to Go Multi-Cooker has eight versatile cooking options so you can cook a variety of tasty meals that make everyone feel at home. Whether you’re roasting meat or slow cooking casseroles, or even making flavoursome risottos, you can cook all kinds of tasty meals effortlessly in one pot. You can choose from: Sear, Roast, Sous Vide, Slow Cook, Steam, Rice, Boil and Keep Warm to make your favourite home cooked dishes.
With so many options to cook in the Multi-Cooker, Russell Hobbs has picked out four recipes that you can cook for all the family in limited time, perfect for a winter evening!
- 2 medium, peeled and chopped Butternut Squash
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tub Ricotta
- 1 pkt. Frozen Cooked Spinach
- To taste: Salt and Pepper
- 12 Lasagne sheets
- 8 oz., grated Mozzarella
- Green Salad
- Firstly select the boil function on your Russell Hobbs Good to Go Multi-Cooker and cook the chopped squash in some lightly salted water until soft, then drain and set aside in a bowl. Switch off the Multi-Cooker and wait to cool.
- In the meantime, mash the squash into a puree then add the nutmeg and mix well.
- In a second bowl, combine the ricotta, the defrosted spinach, and a twist salt and pepper.
- Once the Multi-Cooker pot has cooled, wash, dry, and return to the control panel.
- In the bottom of the cooking pot, spread ½ cup of the squash mixture. Top with 3 of the lasagne sheets (breaking to fit), half the remaining squash mixture, 3 lasagne sheets, and half the ricotta mixture; repeat, ending with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Select the Slow Cook High button and cook with the lid on for 4 hours until the lasagne sheets are tender.
- When the slow cook function is finished, take the cooking pot right to the table and serve up with a vibrant green salad.
- 2 cups Red Lentils
- 1 cup Yellow Split Peas
- 6 cups Water
- 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 3 Green Cardamom Pods
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Onion Seeds
- 2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 70g (dry, per person) Cooked Rice
- Firstly select the sear function on your Russell Hobbs Good to Go Multi-Cooker and place all of the seeds into the bowl and heat for a few minutes
- When they begin to smell fragrant, add the lentils and split peas and add the 6 cups water
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cardamom pods, bay leaf, salt and black pepper- stir well to combine all ingredients
- Place lid on the Multi-Cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Remove lid after cooking time and stir.
- Taste for seasoning, and if lentils are not soft, cook for another 30-60 minutes. If needed, add more salt and pepper.
- Remove the cooking pot from the control panel and take right to the table for serving up.
- Ladle the dahl over brown rice and top with a squeeze of fresh lemon and some chopped coriander.
- This can be reheated for lunch on another day, and it’s great for freezing so you can set it aside for another time.
- 800g – 1kg Lamb, cubed
- 500g Shallots
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Cloves
- 500ml Vegetable Stock
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Glass Red Wine
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2-3 Allspice Berries
- ½ Cinnamon Stick
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 4 Bay leaves
- To taste: Salt & Pepper
- In your Russell Hobbs Good to Go Multi-Cooker select the sear function and place the meat, oil, onions and garlic and leave until onions start to go soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the glass of red wine and 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, cover and leave for 5 minutes then, add your cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, bay leaves, rosemary, tomato puree and salt and pepper to taste
- Keep stirring to let all your ingredients mix together
- Add your chopped tomatoes, shallots and add the stock, give it a good stir and then place the lid on. Select the Slow Cook High button and cook 4 hours, or Slow Cook Low for 8 hours.
- When the cooking is complete, bring your pot to the table to serve, and enjoy with flat bread, tzatziki and salad, or rice.