Curly, textured, or afro hair is often considerably drier than other hair types, as the shape of the hair shaft makes it difficult for naturally occurring oils from the scalp to travel down the lengths of the hair to deliver much-needed moisture1.
Therefore, it’s even more important that the
- Look for products that include nourishing ingredients, such as natural or essential oils, Shea Butter, and Aloe Vera, to help hydrate and repair the hair shaft.
- Avoid washing your hair with very hot water. This tends to strip moisture from hair and leave it feeling dry – opting for a cooler temperature will help your locks retain moisture and strength.
- Don’t over wash – very coily hair can go up to a month without washing, but those with loose curls may want to lather a couple of times a week. It is a personal choice, depending on your curl type, but if you find yourself washing more often and struggling with dryness, try swapping out your usual routine for a co-wash routine.
- Protect your hair while you sleep. Protecting your hair with a hair wrap or bonnet while you sleep can help avoid placing unnecessary strain on your follicles, helping to prevent frizz and breakage, while keeping your curls intact.
- Choose the right tools. Invest in a high-quality hairbrush with natural bristles instead of plastic. A boar bristle brush can help spread natural oils from the scalp through the ends of the hair, without placing excessive strain on strands.
Christophe Robin’s Luscious Curl Ritual is designed to care for wavy to curly hair and very curly to coily hair, with a unique blend of superfood ingredients. Kokum Butter, Chia Seed Oil, and Black Cumin Seed Oil feature in the rich, sensorial textures, for touchable and shapely waves, curls, and coils, day after day.
WAVY TO CURLY HAIR
Step 1: Christophe Robin Luscious Curl Conditioning Cleanser With Chia Seed Oil – RRP £33.00
A delicate foaming formulation designed to cleanse, detangle and deeply nourish wavy to curly hair. This luxurious cleanser gently detangles as it infuses hair with weightless moisture from root to tip, deeply conditioning and instantly reviving curls so they are soft, bouncy, and beautifully defined. Silky Chia Seed Oil, rich in omega 3 and 6, boosts glossy shine, while Nigella Seed Oil smooths strands to tame frizz, and Shea Butter deeply nourishes, softens, and eases combing.
Step 2: Christophe Robin Luscious Curl Defining Cream With Chia Seed Oil – RRP £28.00
A luxurious leave-in conditioning cream formulated to define waves and curls. Helps control frizz and enhances the shape and texture of waves and curls so they appear smooth, bouncy, and instantly more defined. Hair is left feeling soft, strong, and healthy-looking. Chia and Nigella Seed Oils leave the hair feeling soft. Protein-rich Flaxseed Milk helps define curls and tame frizz for weightless, natural-looking curls.
VERY CURLY TO COILY HAIR
Step 1: Christophe Robin Luscious Curl Cleansing Balm With Kokum Butter – RRP £33.00
This low-foaming cleansing balm nurtures hair, transforming into a milky lather as it washes, to gently cleanse, detangle and condition curly to coily hair. It helps to detangle and condition dry, brittle curls to leave them feeling nourished and defined with a manageable, shiny finish. Kokum Butter and silky Chia Seed Oil boost glossy shine, while Omega 6 and 9 replenish hair, and Jojoba and Sunflower enhance shape and define curls.
Step 2: Christophe Robin Luscious Curl Defining Butter With Kokum Butter – RRP £28.00
This richly-textured defining butter intensely conditions very curly to coily hair, with frizz control for a smooth finish. It glides through the hair to replenish and make curls shiny and shapely. Velvety Kokum Butter Nourishes Curly Hair. Chia and Nigella Seed Oils provide luxurious-looking shine, while protein-rich Flaxseed Milk helps to define the hair and tame frizz, for weightless, natural-looking curls.