Le Mans is home to the most famous 24-hour endurance race in the world which is set to take place on 11th – 12th June 2022, with thousands of motoring enthusiasts making the pilgrimage via Eurotunnel Le Shuttle to partake.
The Eurotunnel terminals will be alive with the roar of powerful engines, with over 1,400 supercar and elite sports car journeys already booked around the weekend of the race.
These special vehicles require the wider single deck carriages, which can accommodate 48 cars per shuttle. This will be amongst the most expensive cargo to travel under the Channel, with many of these cars worth hundreds of thousands of pounds each, and some a lot more than that.
More than 360 Ferrari trips are booked, including one hallowed 250. Other popular marques include McLaren, Lamborghini and Aston Martin, with some more unusual models including Morgans and Nobles. The American classics are represented by a handful of Corvettes and Camaros.
At least 40 Rolls Royce trips are booked, including one Corniche and a handful of Cullinans, Dawns and Phantoms.
In a nod to the trend towards electric vehicles, there are over 1,500 Tesla journeys planned over the Le Mans period.
To get to Le Mans, Eurotunnel Le Shuttle will have you and your precious cargo across the channel in a mere 35 minutes, after which you can take a direct route from Calais via the A28 and arrive in around 4 hours and 25 minutes. If you’re planning a longer trip and have time to see more of France, why not take the A1 and A11 to enjoy all that Paris has to offer on your way to Le Mans?
- Book your trip to Le Mans with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle from as little as:
- £87 per vehicle (up to 9 passengers) each way for a Short Stay Saver ticket (valid for 5 calendar days)
- £107 per vehicle (up to 9 passengers) for a Standard ticket (for any duration). One way
- £269 per vehicle (up to 9 passengers) for a Flexiplus ticket, turn up any time and get on the next available train, and access to the club lounge (for any duration). One way
- Take your pet from just £22 each way
For more information please visit www.eurotunnel.com